The Mid-Day Buffet
With Julie Jacobs
Julie Jacobs’ Bio
Hometown: Janesville, Wisconsin (Go Parker Vikings!)
Julie’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- My adoring husband who really does like country music; Our hilarious son, Kieran, who is 4 and our baby girl Cora who is 1; our german shepherd Toby, and kitties Bella and Murphy; camping; watching the Green Bay Packers; NASCAR (go Matt Kenseth!!); visiting with friends and family; grilling out; traveling; visiting historic sites and museums (I am a history nut!)
- Food: We try to eat pretty healthy in our household, but I love Italian, Mexican, and cherry cheesecake! I enjoy a good gyro too, and of course pizza. With the cold weather here, I use my crock pot a lot, as you all should know!
- Movies: Just about anything with Tom Cruise in it; classic Disney movies (The Little Mermaid is my all time fave!); classic 80′s movies like “Pretty in Pink”; romantic comedies, thrillers (but NOT horror films, ACK!); and of course, historical movies like Glory, The Patriot, etc.
- TV: Downton Abbey! Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi; GLEE; Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives; Deadliest Catch; American Pickers; Antiques Roadshow; Celebrity Apprentice; Dancing With the Stars; The Voice; American Idol (sort of); and I still occasionally watch a few soaps, Young & The Restless and Days of Our Lives. And I admit it, I love Little House on the Prairie. I have seen every episode at least 75 times, no kidding.
- Pet Peeves: People who pull out in front of me on the highway when there is NOBODY behind me!! And especially when they don’t get up to speed when doing so! GGRRRR!
- Quote: “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.”
“Julie’s Crock of the Week”
archived recipes from 2011 http://juliescrockoftheweek.blogspot.com/
With the chill in the air and leaves on the ground, it’s time to pull out that crock pot! And back by popular demand, is Julie’s Crock of the week! Every week during the winter months, Julie Jacobs will share a slow cooker recipe to help warm up your belly.