Afternoon Drive Live
With Ryan McCall
Ryan McCall’s Bio
Hometown: Cassville, WI
Ryan’s Email: email@example.com
“I Was Country When Country Wasn’t Cool” was the signature song of my all time favorite artist Barbara Mandrell but it was a statement I could have easily applied to my life. My love affair with country music really began in my teenage years and has lead me on a road that introduced me to so many fantastic people and helped me achieve so many dreams that I had. I’m having some of the most fun that I’ve ever had at WGLR right now and I thank you for listening, participating and stopping by my page on WGLR.com to learn more about me.
- My family & friends, I love dogs (especially beagles), working on the collections I have, travelling (especially to Nashville, my favorite city) and the performers and entertainers whos work I have admired. I also have to give a shout out to Lynda Carter who was so awesome to me when I met her!
- Food: Spaghetti pie might be my favorite dish. I also enjoy Italian, Tex Mex & foods on the grill. I also have a fondness for chocolate and other treats. Didn’t Julie say something about cheesecake in her answer? Yum.
- Movies: X-men 2, Grease 2 (yes I like it better than the first one), Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier, X-men: Days Of Future Past, Seems Like Old Times, Mommie Dearest, Star Wars IV: A New Hope
- TV: Arrow, Nashville, The Big Bang Theory, Dallas (TNT). I find myself watching a lot of the non traditional channels, usually the re-run channels. I also have an extensive collection of TV Shows on DVD at home.
- Pet Peeves: People who enter the exit’s (or exit the enter’s) at stores and then give you nasty looks like your the one going in the wrong door.
- Quote: “People who are late are often happier than those who had to wait for them”. – Unknown (found in a fortune cookie).
On May 29 2014 Erica Nicole and Jordan Anderson performed at WGLR’s exclusive listener “Meet & Eat” event. During the show Erica surprised me by paying tribute to my favorite artist of all time, Barbara Mandrell. Her kind words really touched me.